Recently the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (Rijkdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (RVO)) organized an information meeting on the current and final call of the Sustainable Water Fund (SWF). In this final round, RVO will grant a total subsidy amount of 20 million euros to excellent proposals that contribute to water safety and water security in developing countries. Initiatives must focus on establishing a Public Private Partnership within one of the following themes:
- Improved access to drinking water and sanitation (including solid waste);
- Efficient and sustainable water use, particularly within agriculture;
- Safe deltas and improved basin management.
Tips and tricks for a successful proposal
During the recent information meeting, RVO listed a number of tips and tricks for successful SWF proposal writing. Examples of success factors are:
- Active project contribution to environmental sustainability;
- Inclusion of local women as change agents, and;
- The establishment of a fully synergized PPP.
In particular RVO stressed the importance of submitting high quality and high potential propositions, as competition is fierce and the bar is set high.
The planning for this round of the Sustainable Water Fund is as follows:
- Deadline for (obligatory) Concept Notes: 8 December 2017
- Deadline for Full Proposals: 5 February 2018
Our experience with the Sustainable Water Fund
Preparing a Full Proposal for the Sustainable Water Fund is a fun, but intensive and bulky task. Hence, if you consider submitting a Concept Note and Full Proposal, it is important to act fast!
Evers + Manders Subsidieadviseurs has extensive experience with concept note and proposal writing for the highly competitive Sustainable Water Fund. All past calls combined, we have been able to achieve a proposal success rate of over 80%.
Are you aiming to develop a high quality proposal for this final SWF round? Please feel free to contact us.