The ZonMw program Topspecialistic Care and Research (TZO: Topspecialistische Zorg en Onderzoek ) aims to improve topspecialistic care and combine this with applied clinical scientific research and education. The research is preferably applied and aims to improve the care and quality of life for patients with specific conditions.
- There are two rounds: a selection/admission round, controlled by the ministry of Health (VWS) and a second round for selected proposals.
- Patient interest, involvement, and diversity is an important pillar.
- Education in favor of strengthening the topspecialistic care is another important pillar.
- Project length: 4 years
- €32 million budget available
- Program runs until 2023
- Added value of topspecialistic care
- Patient involvement
- Quality of education
- Re-use of research data
Who can apply?
- All Dutch hospitals and categorical institutions that provide high-level specialistic medical health care and want to strengthen this care, but are not eligible for the “beschikbaarheidsbijdrage academische zorg” (BBAZ).
Follow us on LinkedIn!
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this grant agreement. No conclusions can be drawn on the basis of this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.