The funding instrument Good Use of Medicines (GGG: Goed Gebruik Geneesmiddelen) from ZonMw is a structural program that aims to optimize the use of medicine and associated health care. The grant is intended to set up research, infrastructure, knowledge utilisation and dissemination. Collaboration between public and private parties is encouraged.
- Open Round
- Drug Rediscovery: for the repositioning of medicines
Within these two categories, specific calls are published on a regular basis.
For example, on 30 March, Rediscovery Round 5 was published. Projects may address the more effective use of medicines, or improve the use of medicines in daily practice. This round in particular is intended to support research into the effectiveness and/or dose optimisation of an existing medicine that is not under patent, and has the potential to be used for an application for which the medicine has not (yet) been registered. Projects may include:
- Pre-clinical studies,
- Proof of Concept studies; or
- Clinical validation studies.
The total budget is €2 million. The application takes place in two phases: Project ideas can be submitted until 15 Juni 2021 (14.00 h). The deadline for the full grant application is 11 January 2022 (14.00 h).
- Research has to lead to a gain for clinical practice
- Implementation and applicability are important
- Broad support and collaboration are encouraged
- No constraints on size and duration
- Cofinancing is encouraged
Who can apply?
- Dutch research organisations.
- Dutch health care institutions with research expertise.
- Quality of content
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this subsidy scheme. No conclusions can be drawn from this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.