In order to find financing for their research, research groups at Dutch universities can turn towards the Dutch Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO), but also towards one of its derivatives, such as ZonMw.
ZonMw stimulates health research and care innovation within the total innovation cycle by means of various grant programmes. Eligible projects can vary from fundamental research to the implementation of new treatments, preventive interventions, or improvements in the structure of health care.
ZonMw offers funding for researchers who carry out research in the fields of medical and care innovation, from fundamental to practice-oriented action research. Researchers who are eligible for funding may work at:
- Dutch universities
- NWO-accredited research institutes
- Care institutions
- Dutch universities of applied sciences
Conditions, Characteristics, and Key Figures
- Funding for (scientific) research conducted by individual researchers or consortia consisting of researchers from universities, research institutes, and universities of applied sciences.
- Funding of practice-based and applied research, carried out by and/or in cooperation with care institutions and medical practices, often in the form of consortia.
- Support for temporary research positions, such as AIOs, PhD students, and postdoctoral researchers; as well as consumables, equipment, and infrastructure.
- Private parties will in most cases act as co-financiers, unless otherwise stated in the call.