The aim of the NWO – TTW – OTP programme is to stimulate application-oriented scientific research: projects that combine excellent science with concrete application possibilities of the results. This results in the transfer of knowledge between the technical sciences and users.
Consortia of scientific research groups and “users” (parties that will market or exploit the results of the research). Researchers and users can make their own agreements about the rights to use the results or can request support from NWO.
You can be an applicant when:
- you are a Ph.D. researcher at a Dutch university, KNAW or NWO institute, or a knowledge institute recognized by NWO.
- you have an appointment for at least the duration of the application process and the duration of the research for which funding is requested
Users must contribute cash and in-kind to the project budget. Co-financing now mandatory above € 600,000 programme budget.
A maximum of € 850,000 can be applied for per project.
The grant and cash cofinancing are intended to cover the marginal costs of the scientific research groups:
- Appointment of temporary staff
- Consumables and travel expenses
- Proposals can be submitted from 1 January 2022
- The budget for 2022 is € 21 million
Follow us on LinkedIn!
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this subsidy scheme. No conclusions can be drawn from this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.