NWO-Scientific Infrastructure: National Consortia is an impulse funding for investments in equipment and data collections that enable innovative science. Investments must be of (inter)national importance and provide innovations and breakthroughs of value for science, society and business. If applicable, applications should seek connection to the National Roadmap Large-Scale Scientific Infrastructure (GWI) Groups. These research communities can submit Large Scale Scientific Infrastructures (from €10 million onwards). There is no preference for applications with a link to the GWI Roadmap.
- Minimally €1,000,000 for social sciences and humanities, minimally €1,500,000 for all other sciences
- The applicant institution should contribute at least 25% of the total amount
- Proposals should be approved by the highest management of a Dutch knowledge institution
- (Open) declaration of intent is followed by a complete application
What can be applied for?
- Costs for scientific equipment and datasets
- Personnel costs for setting up the infrastructure
- International memberships
- Open Access publications
- Sound datamanagement
- Deposing research data at Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS) or in a comparable platform to make it freely available. For genetic data, the Nagoya protocol needs to be followed
- Ethical approval should be obtained
- Scientific integrity should follow the Dutch Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Scientific quality
- Organisational and financial aspects
- Technical aspects
Follow us on LinkedIn!
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this grant agreement. No conclusions can be drawn on the basis of this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.