This scheme is temporarily closed.
This NWO scheme is intended to help develop so-called Long-term Programmes (LTP) to strengthen the Dutch scientific field. Themes encompass the mission-driven top sector and innovation policy, societal challenges, and key technologies. Possible themes from the top sectors are energy transition & sustainability; agriculture, water & food; health & care; and safety. Projects should be concerned with scientific research with a clear societal impact.
- LTPs have a duration of ten years.
- Consortia should involve all relevant parties in the innovation chain, both financial and executive. Interdisciplinarity is an important factor.
- Knowledge must find its way into society. Therefore, a solid impact plan is an integral part of the application.
Who Can Submit?
The Long-term Programmes strategy driven consortia with impact can be applied for by Dutch universities and university medical centres, KNAW and NWO institutes, as well as the following selection of knowledge institutes:
- Netherlands Cancer Institute;
- Max Planck Institute in Nijmegen;
- DUBBLE-beamline at the ESRF in Grenoble;
- NCB Naturalis;
- Advanced Research Centre for NanoLithography (ARCNL);
- Princess Maxima Center.
The main applicant can submit a maximum of three applications.
- €9 million and max. €25 million per project.
- The total budget of any given project should comprise at least €30 million (including the NWO grant).
- Temporarily closed
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Impact and strategic importance (25%)
- Long-term perspective (25%)
- Quality of the research (25%)
- Quality of the consortium (25%)
Follow us on LinkedIn!