NWO-Large is meant for investments in highly advanced equipment or data collections. These investments need to be of (inter)national interest and connect to facilities/clusters of the National Roadmap Large-scale Research Infrastructure.
- Minimally €1,000,000 for social sciences and humanities, minimally €1,500,000 for all other sciences
- The involved institution should contribute at least 25% of the total amount
- Proposals should be approved by the highest management of a Dutch knowledge institution
- (Open) declaration of intent is followed by a complete application
What can be applied for?
- Costs for investments in scientific equipment
- Costs for investments in datasets
- Possible personnel costs for installation or development
- Open Access publications
- Sound datamanagement
- Deposing research data at Data Archiving and Networked Services (DANS) or in a comparable platform to make it freely available. For genetic data, the Nagoya protocol needs to be followed
- Ethical approval should be obtained
- Scientific integrity should follow the Dutch Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
- Scientific quality
- Scientific and/or societal impact
- Technical, financial, and organisational aspects
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this grant agreement. No conclusions can be drawn on the basis of this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.