Part of the climate agreement is the aim to have an entirely co2-free electricity system by 2050. This grant programme contributes to this goal by financing research into:
- Efficiency and cost reduction, for production installations with a lower Levelised Cost of Energy (LCoE); and
- Circular design of materials, systems, and processes for wind and solar energy (e.g., life extension, (partial) re-use, recycling, upcycling, and remanufacturing).
A total budget of €5 million is available. This amount is divided into two lines of research, namely Wind (€2.5 million) and Sun (€2.5 million). The programme falls under the MISSION-driven topics of the Knowledge and Innovation Covenant (KIC) 2020-2023.
- The maximum duration of a project is six years.
- All projects must have a strong societal challenge. This can take the form of exploring a new business model, but also bringing about a change in public perceptions, and so on.
Who Can Apply?
- Interdisciplinary consortia comprising knowledge institutes, public and private partners.
- Minimal €750,000 and maximal € 1.5 million per project
- 15% compulsory co-financing.
- The remaining 85% is eligible via the following modules:
- Personnel costs;
- Material costs;
- Knowledge utilisation;
- Money follows Cooperation;
- Project management.
- Problem definition and –analysis + contribution of the project to the solution (25%)
- Expected impact and route to impact (25%)
- Quality consortium (30%)
- Quality research (10%)
The application is consists of a pre-registration and a complete application. The following deadlines apply:
- Pre-registration: 28 January 2021, 14.00 hours.
- Full applications: 1 June 2021, 14.00 hours.
Follow us on LinkedIn!