From 31 August onwards, applications can be submitted for the new Interreg Euregio Meuse-Rhine programme, with a focus on energy. The grant is intended for projects that facilitate more efficient use of resources, especially within SMEs. The full programme will be published on 17 August. Below we give a short overview of the main focus points.
The main objective of the programme is to facilitate the more efficient use of resources. The following themes can be considered:
- green hydrogen;
- energy communities;
- low voltage direct current technology; and
- local production of integrated photovoltaic technology.
In addition, projects focusing on information exchange to promote the energy transition are also eligible.
Applications can be made until 21 September 2021 (12:00) via the electronic monitoring system (eMS). The results will be announced in December this year.
- The project increases resource efficiency, especially of SMEs.
- The project is innovative.
- The current programme offers funding until the end of 2023, after which the new INTERREG programme will start. Therefore, the grant is intended for projects that are able to have a significant impact within 18 months.
- The results of the project must benefit citizens and organisations in the region.
- The project must be transnational; partnerships must comprise at least two legal entities from two different Member States in the named region.
Who Can Apply?
- A legal entity within the region, acting as lead partner of the partnership.
- The total budget is € 5 million.
- The maximum grant rate is 50%, supplemented with at least 50% co-financing.
- Quality of the partnership and its cross-border character.
- Contribution to the objectives and results of the programme.
- Feasibility, coherence, and sustainability (i.e., sustainability of project results after the end of the project).
- Budgeting must represent clear value for money.
Follow us on LinkedIn for the latest updates!