COST – European Cooperation in Science and Technology
This European scheme focuses on connecting research initiatives across Europe, allowing researchers and developers to share ideas and cooperate when necessary. The projects are bottom-up, open and diverse, and may comprise different types of partners. Programmes last for four years, and are aimed towards strengthening research, innovation, and career opportunities.
- 7 countries, at least half of which are “inclusiveness target countries”.
- Scientific area of choice
Who Can Apply?
- Public institutions
- Private institutes
- Academic institutes
- Non-governmental organisations
- Various (scientific) networking activities
- Discovering and facilitating new talent
- Setting up collaborations
- Two open calls per year; usually in April and September
- Budget depends on the size of the network and the number of countries represented in it. Therefore, the budget does not need to be drawn up as part of the application.
- Scientific impact
- Diversity of the network
- Impact of the action
Follow us on LinkedIn!
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure, and conditions of this subsidy scheme. No conclusions can be drawn from this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.