Society is ageing, staff shortages in care are increasing and care itself is becoming increasingly expensive. In many European countries, keeping care and support accessible under these conditions is the challenge for the future.
The Transforming Health and Care Systems programme (THCS) funds international research and innovation projects that contribute to a more sustainable and future-proof health and care system. THCS focuses on a broad target group, from the young to the elderly and from people with disabilities, chronic illnesses or mental vulnerability. The programme runs from 2023-2030 with an annual grant call.
The 2023 dall focuses on:
- Delivering knowledge for building the healthcare of the future, with a focus on quality, safety, efficiency, accessibility and resilience,
- Implementing innovative solutions on a larger scale. Scaling up evidence-based practices whose effectiveness has been demonstrated in certain contexts and promoting their application and transferability to other contexts.
The grant call focuses on proposals that propose solutions for better integrated health services, both at home, in a care facility and in hospital care and that alleviate the pressure on care organisations. A reallocation of tasks between primary care, community care and hospital care may be needed here (Right Care in the Right Place) and digital solutions can play a role in increasing efficiency.
The budget for 2023 is €38 million.
- 3-9 partners from at least 3 partner countries
- Maximum 3 partners per countrie
- Project duration 12-36 months
After a European selection process, partners must apply to national agencies:
- NWO with a maximum budget of €275,000.
- ZonMW with a maximum contribution of €150,000 per project or €250,000 when the Dutch partner is coordinator.
- Deadline Intent to Apply: 23 Mei 2023 (consortium can still change)
- Deadline Full Proposal: 13 juni 2023
Follow us on LinkedIn!