The Mission-driven Research, Development and Innovation (MOOI) scheme is part of the Top Sector Energy. MOOI supports large projects with integrated solutions that contribute towards achieving the climate goals.
In the coming years, the Netherlands will face a major challenge in achieving the desired CO2 reduction. Therefore, grant programmes have been established, specifically to support the various stages of development. Whilst many schemes focus on the development of innovative products and processes, the MOOI scheme specifically targets system innovations that offer an integrated solution to users’ problems.
An additional round of the MOOI scheme will open soon, focusing on system solutions that ensure the energy system is ready to process large amounts of renewable electricity.
Various parties in the chain work together across sectors, and preferably also include end users.
- The partners should work together in order to develop innovations for different links in the chain, including generation, transport and distribution, storage and conversion, and consumption.
- The solution must involve the generation of renewable electricity, as well as at least one of the other three links mentioned above.
- The project duration is max. four years.
- Innovations are taken into use no later than 2030, however, this may comprise a demonstration phase.
- The innovation is achieved at the lowest possible cost to society.
- The innovation is supported by society.
For this additional round of the MOOI scheme, a total budget of approximately €13 million is expected.
- Pre-registration: 4 May 2021 at the latest
- Submission of full applications: 7 September 2021
All complete applications will be assessed by a committee. Projects that meet all the criteria and receive the highest score, are eligible for funding.
Follow us on LinkedIn!
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this grant scheme. No conclusions can be drawn from this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.