The Sustainable Energy Investment Grant (ISDE) stimulates both households and companies to use less gas and more sustainable heat. Different parties can apply for the fund. The conditions for application, as well as the items for which funding can be requested, differ per applicant.
New in 2021
An important change compared to the previous programme is the extension for business users regarding the purchase of small-scale wind turbines and solar panels. Applications for this measure can be submitted until 31 December 2023.
In addition, the grant scheme for Energy saving at home (SEEH) is no longer available for homeowners.
Conditions for Investment in Heat Pumps and Solar Boilers
- Heat pumps that extract warmth from, for example, air, soil, or groundwater. A solar boiler is a combination of a solar collector and a hot water boiler. Both serve to heat a room or to generate warm (tap) water.
- Solar boilers should have a maximum total aperture area of 200 m2.
- It is not possible to apply for a grant for devices that are installed in buildings for which the environmental permit has been applied for after 30 June 2018. There is a transitional arrangement for private individuals in this regard.
- Pellet stoves and biomass boilers are not covered by the scheme
- In addition to devices included on the list, larger installations can also be applied for. This requires an additional description.
An application is possible for private individuals with a BSN number who own a house that is also their main residence, or will become so directly after renovation.
It is important to note that the application must be made after purchase, payment, and installation of the device. This is different for business users.
Houseowners can apply for funding for solar boilers, heat pumps, and connection to the heat network.
Only business users with a registration number from the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce can apply (for exceptions, see below):
- Companies and self-employed
- Homewoner associations and housing corporations
- Partnerships, foundations, and associations
- Municipalities, provinces, and public bodies as market parties or owners/tenants of movable and immovable property
- Applications should be made prior to purchase of the device
- Private, commcercial landlords (of homes and business premises; no registration number from the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce required)
- Foreign business parties who wish to install a device in the Netherlands.
Applications should be made prior to purchase of the device. Business users can apply for funding for solar boilers, heat pumps, and small-scale wind turbines and solar panels.
Homeowner associations can also apply for funding to connect to the heat network. In addition, until 31 December 2022, they can still apply for isolation measures via the SEEH.
Grant Amounts and Budgets
The amount of the grant depends on the type of device that is being investigated in. Indicatively, the grant amount for a heat pump is between €500 and €2,500. For the solar boiler this will be €500.
For 2021, the total budget comprises €124 million.
The ISDE scheme runst until 31 December 2021.
You can submit a new application until 31 December 2021.
Volg ons op LinkedIn!
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this subsidy scheme. No conclusions can be drawn from this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.