From 31 August onwards, applications could be submitted for the new Interreg Euregio Meuse-Rhine programme, with a focus on energy. The grant is intended for projects that facilitate more efficient use of resources, especially within SMEs. The full programme has been published mid August. Below we give a short overview of the main focus points.
The main objective of the programme is to facilitate the more efficient use of resources. The following themes can be considered:
- green hydrogen;
- energy communities;
- low voltage direct current technology; and
- local production of integrated photovoltaic technology.
In addition, projects focusing on information exchange to promote the energy transition are also eligible.
- The project increases resource efficiency, especially of SMEs.
- The project is innovative.
- The current programme offers funding until the end of 2023, after which the new INTERREG programme will start. Therefore, the grant is intended for projects that are able to have a significant impact within 18 months.
- The results of the project must benefit citizens and organisations in the region.
- The project must be transnational; partnerships must comprise at least two legal entities from two different Member States in the named region.
Who Can Apply?
- A legal entity within the region, acting as lead partner of the partnership.
- The total budget is € 5 million.
- The maximum grant rate is 50%, supplemented with at least 50% co-financing.
- Quality of the partnership and its cross-border character.
- Contribution to the objectives and results of the programme.
- Feasibility, coherence, and sustainability (i.e., sustainability of project results after the end of the project).
- Budgeting must represent clear value for money.
Follow us on LinkedIn for the latest updates!