In order to help implement Action 3 of the ERA ERAvsCorona Action Plan, Horizon 2020 will soon make available a second call for an ‘Expression of Interest for innovative and rapid health-related approaches to respond to COVID-19 and to deliver quick results for society for a higher level of preparedness of health systems’.
The call is specifically not intended for the development of new diagnostic, therapeutics, or vaccines, but rather aims towards short-term solutions and innovations that make both society and the health system more resilient. For example, focus points of the call are gendered violence and inequality during lockdown situations, and improving the well-being of healthcare workers.
In total, there are five different calls for which you can apply:
- Repurposing of manufacturing for vital medical supplies and equipment
- Medical technologies, digital tools, and Artificial Intelligence (AI) analytics to improve surveillance and care at high Technology Readiness Levels (TRL).
- Behavioural, social, and economic impacts of the outbreak response.
- Pan-European COVID-19 cohorts
- Networking of existing EU and international cohorts of relevance to COVID-19.
The deadline of 11 June 2020 applies to all five calls. Specific conditions and budgets are indicated for the indiviual grant programmes. It is important to note that it is possible to divert from these budgeting guidelines if properly substantiated.
- Projects must have strong end-user involvement and/or strategic partners (e.g., local health authorities, civil society organisations)
- Actions must lead to faster, more impactful, cost-effective, and larger scale deployment of innovative solutions that must benefit society directly
- All scientific publications must be granted open access to meet the demands of the current public health emergency
Who Can Apply?
- Legal entities established in an EU Member State
- Legal entities in those oversees countries and territories (OCT) linked to the Member States; associated countries (AC); and a selection of countries dedicated by Horizon 2020
- International European interest organisations.
- Financial and operational capacity.
- Quality and efficiency of implementation
The purpose of this fact sheet is to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure, and conditions of this grant programme. No conclusions can be drawn on the basis of this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.