With the Partners for Water: Water Safety and Water Security Urban Deltas (WWSD) program, the Dutch government encourages the application of Dutch innovative water-related solutions in foreign urban deltas and their supply systems.
Within the WWSD program, an innovative technology, methodology or an innovative prototype in the water area can be tested, demonstrated or investigated for feasibility in foreign urban deltas and their supply systems. This way the subsidy scheme will enhance water security and water safety, as well as the added value of the Dutch water sector.
- drinking water and sanitation
- water governance
- sustainable development of waterways and ports (not onshore)
- (water) safety
- food and ecosystems
- water and energy
- Applicant: (a consortium of) Dutch companies, NGOs and / or research organizations. Local partners may also participate in the consortium.
- Types of projects:
- Feasibility project: max. project size € 250,000; project duration max. 1 year.
- Pilot / demonstration project: max. project size € 600,000; project duration max. 2 years.
- Grant percentage: 40-70% of the eligible costs (depending on the type of project and the type of organization).
- Application procedure:
- Drafting a project idea
- Meeting with grant provider RVO on project idea (mandatory)
- Submitting the complete project plan