Nuffic Orange Knowledge Programme (OKP) is a €185 MIO global development programme, funded by the Dutch government. It will run between 2017 and 2022 and involves around 50 countries. With the OKP, the Dutch government aims to contribute to sustainable and inclusive development through the strengthening of organizations key to sectoral development in partner countries.
Priority themes OKP
- Food and nutrition security
- Water, energy and climate
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights
- Security and the rule of law
OKP partner countries
Afghanistan • Albania • Armenia • Bangladesh • Benin • Bhutan • Bolivia • Burkina Faso • Burundi • Cambodia • Colombia • Congo (DRC) • Cuba • Egypt • Ethiopia • Georgia • Ghana • Guatemala • Guinea • India • Indonesia • Jordan • Kenya • Lebanon • Liberia • Macedonia • Mali • Mozambique • Myanmar • Nepal • Nicaragua • Nigeria • Pakistan • Palestinian Territories • Peru • Philippines • Rwanda • Senegal • Sierra Leone • Somalia • South Africa • South Sudan • Sri Lanka • Sudan • Surinam • Tanzania • Thailand • Uganda • Vietnam • Yemen • Zambia • Zimbabwe
Sub-programme Tailor-made training (OKP-TMT)
Tailor-Made Training (TMT) supports organisations in developing countries to improve their work by training a selected group of staff. The training courses have to be in line with the CPI or Annual Plan for the country in question. The short group training courses are tailor-made to the specific needs of an organisation.
- An organization from a partner country and a Dutch training provider jointly formulate a training proposal.
- OKP differentiates between two types of courses:
- Tailor-Made Training: courses with a maximum subsidy amount of € 75,000 and a maximum duration of twelve months.
- Tailor-Made Training Plus: courses with a maximum subsidy amount of € 400,000 and a maximum duration of 24 months.
- Subsidy percentage: 100%, topped by the own (in-kind) contribution of the organization (s) whose capacity is being strengthened.
- Deadline: call-dependent.
Sub-programme Institutional Cooperation Projects (OKP-ICP)
The Institutional Cooperation Projects (ICP) sub-programme support cooperation projects between Dutch and foreign knowledge institutions aimed at the sustainable strengthening of higher and professional education capacity within local priority themes relevant to development cooperation. The projects consist of various activities that contribute to the institutional development of the organizations in the South.
- A consortium including an organization (knowledge institute / Ministry / local NGO) from a partner country and a Dutch knowledge institution (or another type of organisation that provides educational training courses) jointly formulate a proposal.
- Project duration: 1-4 years.
- Maximum subsidy amount: €350,000 to €500,000 (call-dependent).
- Subsidy percentage: 100%, topped by own (in-kind) contribution of the organization (s) whose capacity is being strengthened.
- Deadlines are call-dependent. The final closing date is 31 December 2021.
Volg ons op LinkedIn!
The purpose of this fact sheet is to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this grant scheme. No conclusions can be drawn on the basis of this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.