The aim of the grant scheme for demonstration projects, feasibility and investment preparation studies (DHI) of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs is to:
- stimulate more Dutch companies to do successful international business in developed countries, in emerging markets, and in developing countries.
- to encourage more Dutch companies to do business successfully internationally in developed countries, in emerging markets, and in developing countries.
Target groups and objectives DHI
The DHI consists of three parts:
- Demonstration projects
These are about demonstrating a technology, capital good or service in one of the DHI countries, to demonstrate to multiple parties that the demonstrated local works and is effective and cost-effective. The project itself should not be about export, but should promote export opportunities.
- Feasibility studies
A potential customer in one of the DHI countries indicates in a letter of intent that he wants to invest in Dutch technology, capital goods or services. First, the customer wants to explore with the Dutch company whether this investment is technically and financially feasible. The (local) market has already been sufficiently researched and the technology has already been proven. The study may lead to export to the target country.
- Investment preparation studies
Your company wants to investigate whether an investment in one of the DHI countries is technically and financially feasible. Based on an investment preparation study, you decide to actually invest and obtain financing for this investment. The investment preparation study will result in a business plan.
Conditions, characteristics and key figures
- The budget for the second tender round of € 2 million for DGGF countries* and € 3.75 million for other countries.
- The DHI scheme is a tender programme.
- DHI is open to all countries, with the exception of the Netherlands and sanctioning countries.
- For DGGF countries*, the development relevance component is important for the application.
- The expected impact is a size of the export related to the amount of grant.
- Next tender: unknown
|Demonstration||Feasability||investment preparation studies|
|Maximum duration||3 years||2 years||2 years|
|Maximum grant||€ 200,000||€ 100,000||€ 100,000|
|Impact (export volume)||Within three years: 10 x grant amount||Within three years: 10 x grant amount||Within 3 years: 10 x grant amount(does not apply to DGGF countries*)|
*DGGF: Dutch Good Growth Fund