The Rubicon is a funding instrument that is aimed at early career scientists that have recently obtained their PhD (until 1 year after PhD date). With this individual fellowship, they can gain valuable research experience at a foreign top institute of their choosing.
- Researcher obtained PhD no longer than 1 year ago or did not yet obtain PhD but thesis is approved
- Individual fellowship
- Preferably the fellowship is intended for a foreign research project. Projects in the Netherlands are only possible if it concerns a proven specific Dutch topic
Wat can be applied for?
- Minimally 12 months, maximally 24 months of research money:
- Travel costs
- Research costs (to a limited extent)
- Four windows:
- Science (ENS).
- Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH).
- Applied and Engineering Sciences (AES).
- Health Research and Medical Sciences (ZonMw).
- Quality of the researcher.
- Quality of the proposal.
- Quality of the host institution.
- Knowledge utilisation.
This fact sheet aims to provide a quick overview of the objectives, structure and conditions of this grant agreement. No conclusions can be drawn on the basis of this information. Moreover, this document has no legal status.