Efficiency studies are about determining which treatment methods yield the best results and at what cost. This is often done by comparing two methods. The ultimate goal is high-quality, affordable care.
The incentive grant is part of the ZonMw programme Efficiency Research 2022-2026 and is explicitly aimed at achieving more efficient and sustainable cooperation between relevant stakeholders that want to conduct efficacy research into non-pharmacotherapeutic interventions. These includes all diagnostic, therapeutic, and caring activities within the healthcare sector.
This first round finances the creation or strengthening of a partnership between stakeholders to set up an efficacy study and ultimately submit a full grant application. Examples of possible activities are writing a project idea and organising meetings. The total budget comprises €290,000. The deadline is 29 September 2020, 14.00 hours.
Actions carried out in the course of the incentive grant should be to the benefit of one of the following two goals:
- The submission of a full grant application for Preparatory Studies Round 1 – opening in November 2020
- The writing of a project idea and/or preparation of a full grant application for the Open Round 2023 – opening in the spring of 2021 and closing in September 2021.
Who Can Apply?
- Main applicant working at a European research institution
- €10,000 per proposal
Evaluation criteria are:
- Necessity to apply for the incentive grant
- Topic should be consistent with the Efficiency Studies programme 2022-2026
- Quality of the partnership and the tangible contribution made by the incentive grant
- Activities: Quality of the project plan
- Final product: The final product must be full grant applications mentioned above
- Feasibility: Realistic planning and timeline