In order to enable the wide application of offshore wind turbines, it is essential to make wind energy at sea more cost-effective. European and national targets of a 40% reduction in costs by 2020 compared to current levels are in place.
EUROS focuses on reducing uncertainties in the load and maintenance requirements of the foundations of offshore wind turbines. The expected cost reduction amounts to at least 10% – an important step within the overall objective.
Dutch companies already have a strong position in the European market for the installation and maintenance of offshore wind turbines. The results of EUROS will further strengthen that position.
- TUDelft – Technische Universiteit Delft
- TU/e – Technische Universiteit Eindhoven
- CWI – Centrum Wiskunde & Informatica
- WageningenUR – Wageningen University
- Ballast Nedam
- Heerema Marine Contractors
- Van Oord Marine Ingenuity
- IHC Hydrohammer BV
- Systems Navigator