The European Commission’s second call, which was opened in December, of the Innovation Fund focuses on ‘Small Scale Projects’. Small-scale projects are defined as investments between € 2.5 million and € 7.5 million. A total of € 100 million has been allocated to this call.
What is the Innovation Fund?
The Innovation Fund is a European Commission funding programme for climate innovations and low carbon technologies. The Innovation Fund is one of the EU’s instruments aimed at making the European climate carbon neutral. The fund supports innovations in the following areas:
- Innovative low-carbon technologies and processes in energy-intensive industry (including alternatives to carbon-intensive products);
- CCU and CCS (carbon capture utilisation/storage);
- Generation of renewable energy;
- Energy storage
What are the conditions?
- The fund supports innovations that are ‘close to market’. The focus is therefore on demonstration projects. These are projects in which the technology is demonstrated in a real-life situation.
- The support amounts to a maximum of 60% of the project costs;
- The application consists of one round (Tender);
- Deadline of the ‘Small Scale Projects’ call is March 10, 2021;
- The call is open to businesses and public authorities from all EU Member States, Iceland and Norway;
- At least 1 entity is required, consortia are also allowed.
Follow us on LinkedIn!