A selection of our successes:
The water international sector includes organisations and activities aimed at international cooperation outside Western Europe, with a focus on both export and social objectives (tied to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals).
The organisations in this sector are mainly water pipeline companies, water authorities, knowledge institutes, businesses and NGOs. Amongst others, these organisations focus on international cooperation, private-public partnerships, demonstration, and pilot projects, research, capacity development, and technical assistance.
Themes of the Water International Sector
Policy makers mainly stimulate cooperative projects, either for multidisciplinary purposes, or for private-public cooperative alliances. The sustainability of activities according to the five criteria (financial, institutional, ecological, technical, and social) is the main focus.
Stimulating private investments in developing countries is becoming increasingly important, as investments can no longer be financed by international financial organisations alone.
Relevant grant programmes
- Urbanising Deltas of the World – (NWO – WOTRO)
- Global water projects – Partners for Water
- Developmentally Relevant Infrastructure Investment Vehicle – DRIVE
- Demonstration projects, feasibility studies and investment preparation – DHI
- Embassy funds
- The European Development Fund – ACP Water Facility / Europe Aid
- African Development Bank – The African Water Facility
- USAID – Secure Water for Food Security Programme
Follow us on LinkedIn!